What You’ll Find On This Page
GDUWay's Press Release - Where to Donate - Resources on Covid-19
Greater Douglas United Way Announces Covid-19 Response Fund
Media Alert for Immediate Release
March 20, 2020
Greater Douglas United Way announced today that a fund has been established to help our local agencies with urgent needs as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic. 100% of all funds donated will go to provide supports for our community’s organizations and individuals in need as a result of this pandemic.
Donations can be made online at gduway.org, checks mailed to our address at 702 SE Jackson St., Roseburg, OR 97470 or you can go to any Banner Bank branch to make a deposit directly. 100% of your gift will go to help people in need as a direct result of COVID-19.
Greater Douglas United Way will focus any funding on basic needs through local nonprofits and childcare or basic needs for people affected by COVID-19.
All funds raised will be used to help those in need. Greater Douglas United Way will not charge any administrative expense on the fund. Deposits can be made at any Banner Bank to the Greater Douglas United Way COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund.
Greater Douglas United Way is focused on helping make Douglas County a better and safer place to live, work and play by focusing on education, income and health – the building blocks for a good life.
For more information, please email us email@example.com.
Resources for the Covid-19 Crisis
We understand that in times of uncertainty finding the right information is highly valuable. We’ve gone ahead and collected some resources that hopefully will help you get the information you need. There are also other resources available to help address needs you may have as we continue to combat COVID-19.
- Visit the Oregon Department of Employment website for updates on COVID-19 related business layoffs, closures and applying for unemployment insurance.
- For older adults, call 1-855-ORE-ARDC (1-855-673-2732).
- Oregon Department of Human Services provides vocational rehabilitation resources for people with disabilities.
- Apply for emergency related day care through the Oregon Department of Human Services.
- Oregon Early Learning Division has provided resources for families and child care providers who may face virus-related disruptions.
- Governor Kate Brown has expanded child care benefitsfor families and providers during the spread of COVID-19. Contact the Oregon Department of Human Services Direct Pay Unit with questions at 1-800-699-9074.
- Visit the Coronavirus Tax Relief page on the Internal Revenue Service website for COVID-19 tax relief related to paid leave for workers and tax credits for businesses related to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act that was signed into law.
- The IRS has extended the federal income tax filing deadline until July 15, 2020.